Wednesday, December 9, 2009

How To Wire A Small Aluminum Boat Can I Make A Radiant Heat Panel Element Using Copper Wire?

Can I make a radiant heat panel element using copper wire? - how to wire a small aluminum boat

I try to construct a small group of radiant heat through copper telephone line to the son as a heating element. Neither I would use chrome wire, but is not insulated wire in small quantities.
I use 110-volt household current and is looking for a maximum temperature of 150 degrees or less.
My plan for winding wire in a plane aluminum plate about 9 "x 12" Zig Zag. I think a telephone cord is 24 gauge. I need to know, should know how long the cable to produce the approximate time.

3 comments:

Peter H said...

It looks like a very dangerous undertaking. You are wrong cable in the wrong panel. Have you thought about the failure of aluminum panels, corresponding to 110 volts a hot object? Let's stop me from electrical shock and burn the place. Buy a business unit.

Price said...

The most important thing here is that family stress is that with AC. A heating type of resistance would be better if the voltage to work. In view of the heating element than copper, I see two problems. One is copper a good conductor, tends to follow the current round, and because the air is not a good conductor of heat is not much air around. Secondly, if you do not pass enough current through the wire is heated, it is likely to maintain the wire in front of the melt in a position to transfer sufficient heat into the air. I would save time and opportunity fire, and buy one.

Technobu... said...

Nickel-chrome wire is not insulated.It be on / in / around insuating materials such as mica, ceramics, etc.
It would be a hell of a lot of copper wire to take, to use copper for heating! But once implemented, but also degrade quickly in the air. It is advisable to know what time would be needed, such as copper is not practical.
It could even be a good piece of nichrome!
Suggs I think something else .....?

Post a Comment